Today i began working with sharpies on my concepts, which bled through the paper to the other side quite clearly as the paper was a low gsm. I found that the designs came through clearer on the rear side of the page as the black lines weren't present so the tonal contrast was more emphasized.
I found that the bold colours allowed for a strong contrast and bold impact on the observer and showcases the form of the concepts.
I then moved onto using the alcohol based markers which were strong and bold colours, however they bled considerably on the page and lost the sharpness of the line work. The contrasting mark making abilities of the wedge tip and brush tip allowed for a variety of tonal shifts within my work.
From here i will be trying other media before i experiment with the sculptural elements later on in this later stage in the project.
Comments
Post a Comment