I decided to dedicate more time to this advert as i know i have the time to set aside, so i spent a few hours beginning to draft up a series of outcomes that i refined to get my 5th iteration that i continued onto full scale. I also looked into different designs for each major character as i felt that they would help me to determine how to get the best outcome for this advert.
Then i began to rough out the basic proportion in pencil as it was easy to erase and would allow for my coloured pencils to be carried out more efficiently and effectively.
When it came to my coloured pencils i selected colours that reflected the character that they are within the film as to help determine who they are better as an observer with the finished product. But also to help me separate the individual elements on the page making it clearer for me during inking what areas belong to who, hopefully making my art clearer for my audience.
I built up my pencils working upwards on my page as it felt easier working front to back with my detailed elements to avoid overlap and confusion for myself.
I then began inking this piece, however with Doctor Strange in the lower left corner I held back on inking his magic as i want to see what colour of fine sharpie work will work best so i have to wait until i have access to a photocopier which will be Tuesday, hopefully the rest of the inking will be completed by this point in time.
I found inking Iron Man's armor particularly difficult as there are so many intricate details that have to be rendered, resulting in a very draining and time consuming area to work on that slowed my inking process to a less enthusiastic pace than i was aiming for so i had t pace out how long a stint that i worked on it at a time. That small section took over 2 & 1/2 hours to complete in 3 sittings, which is something to consider net time i take on such an idea in future projects.
From there my process began to move more swiftly again carrying with it more energy and enthusiasm for what i was creating, which i hoe is evident within the outcome and resulting likenesses within the piece. These were attained my constantly referring back to my source material as often as was necessary to capture the details o the face and costume.
By the end of Sunday after almost 9 hours on this piece plus planning I had reached this stage of completion, That has resulted in my needing to work on this piece more tomorrow in order t have it ready for the experimenting on Tuesday morning. However at its current rate of completion I feel that this piece is achieving the level of depth and tonal range that I was aiming to attain and reflects that amount of time and energy that was put into it, making me more enthusiastic to further work on this piece and get it to a point of completion tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment