Yesterday was a day away from my work and a chance to rest myself in aid of avoiding burning out before this is over. Today however i began to ink my pages careful not to select one of those that i may create a second draft for. I typically worked from panel to panel creating a basic line work before adding in hatching and tonal marks, before filling the major black areas and going back to refine my marks. Following this i move to my next panel and start that process all over again.
I began with inking page #1 as i felt it was as good place as any to start with this stage of my work. from this page i learnt that it may be best to do the panels edges to help contain my area and stop my major blacks from over spilling and detracting from the aesthetic..
I also found through making these two pages that occasionally the pens will appear dry and not put down any ink so in future i shall keep some spare paper handy to help get the ink flowing again and allow me to continue swiftly.
I began with inking page #1 as i felt it was as good place as any to start with this stage of my work. from this page i learnt that it may be best to do the panels edges to help contain my area and stop my major blacks from over spilling and detracting from the aesthetic..
I also found through making these two pages that occasionally the pens will appear dry and not put down any ink so in future i shall keep some spare paper handy to help get the ink flowing again and allow me to continue swiftly.
Comments
Post a Comment