Day 25 - April 5th - Creating Advertisements.

I began with the aim of creating two pieces today, beginning with an advert for another of my initial ideas that never got pursued. In this case it was based of the idea of telling the events of one day travelling to somewhere amazing. 


 I felt that this worked well when it had all the bold blacks within it as it made the features appear more vivid and eye catching. Following this i went on to create a piece for the film Ready Player One, by first collecting a variety of sources including screenshots from the trailers that i could attain in focus. Then I began to draft up some ways to assemble the images in small thumbnail sketches like before, once i was happy with my choice i began to draft them out on my page in rough forms to begin with, then more details as I went.

 Following that i began to in my piece beginning with the basic line work and block tone as i worked my way up my piece. This was then followed by more detail and tone created through hatching, but the major dark areas weren't completed due to the fact that i ran out of time for the day. So as a result i will be spending tomorrow finishing this piece up and conducting any other refinements that need to be done, allowing for a fresh start on new pieces on Saturday.

Comments