Today I began on my pencils and i created them all by first creating a few small thumbnails on a post-it that I later attatched to the reverse side of the page. I always used a ruler when drawing out the boxes to ensure accuracy of mark. when it came to my pencils i began with rough forms just to get a feel for the scale within each panel and how the composition of the page flows at this scale.
From here moving forward I will still continue to use pencil for rough forms and a coloured pencil for details yet I may vary the colour in a random manner as to keep the process enthralling for me but also as I know that my colours wont last or the entire project so by varying the colour i'm not reliant on only one coloured pencil. I think with it though I shall restrict myself to blues and greens potentially purple as they show up vividly on paper, yet also reflect my lowered energy and more somber personality.
After this first page I decided to go back to using a colour as despite using a pencil made it easier to erase and change on the fly, I felt that it became boring to look at towards the end as it was all just grey, so i decided to inject some green as it is a neutral colour and doesn't affect the mood of the piece but made it more eye catching for me and kept my interest more so. I still used my pencil for the rough forms then switched when it came to details and i feel that this is a more effective yet efficient method of working for this stage of my project.
From here moving forward I will still continue to use pencil for rough forms and a coloured pencil for details yet I may vary the colour in a random manner as to keep the process enthralling for me but also as I know that my colours wont last or the entire project so by varying the colour i'm not reliant on only one coloured pencil. I think with it though I shall restrict myself to blues and greens potentially purple as they show up vividly on paper, yet also reflect my lowered energy and more somber personality.
Comments
Post a Comment