Day 4 - 15th March - plot and artist developments

all in all today was a slow day for progression as I struggled to imagine another configuration for the plot and i feel that this will become even more difficult moving forward. Also at this point I have no idea how many pages this will take up and i will have to consider that moving forward in the coming days.

Today i carried on with the artist developments for Lewis LaRosa's style and developed on from yesterdays success with fineliner namely the need for a fine point with this style of working, however today i was considering spacing of marks and tonal contrast more so within my processes.
Followigng the success of my biro sketch i decided t try with the pointed corner of a chisel tip highlighter to see if the marks remained as true, I felt that it lost my tonal definition but required greater focus o my spacing and pressure so i felt that although in effective it helped me to hone my skills further. As a result I recreated it on a bigger scale but incorperated a black line to increase my definition of line, yet still it didnt work for me as the colour to me seemed to garish on its own, which pushed me to look into other types of pens and colours, in this case being red and a sharpie as i had tested his style in this media. 

Comments