Day 11 - 22nd March - Style Tests

Today after finalizing a design for a character I began to create a design concept sheet, Within this i tried to show a few viewpoints along with general proportions to guide myself  in later stages.

 Following creating these i began to experiment with various styles of rendering, they cameup with varying success. I did this to see what style of rendering would look most effective and work within my predicted timescale.
 From my first sheet the one that catches my eye is this, however it was the most time consuming and technical there so may result in a push on my time scale, so i'll have have to experiment a little more with it at another time.

 With my next page of style tests I incorporated a couple artists styles to see how they impacted the design of the piece. I felt that these worked well but would have to be adapted further, if i were to continue with this style of working to distance my work further from that of the artists. I feel that the facial features visible through the dome works but would need to be shrouded more in a finished piece to keep with the robotic aesthetic unless i develop the design to look more humanoid.



Comments